Discovery of the month? This meal. And everyone said amen! (Everyone being me.)
But hot DOG, this is good!! And it’s so easy I almost died.
Adapted from add a pinch.
- pam or other nonstick spray
- 8 chicken breasts
- 13.75 oz can of artichoke hearts packed in water – drain it
- 10 oz frozen spinach, thawed & squeezed (it’s amazing how much water’s in there)
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic, minced. I used 2 because GARLIC IS GOOD!!
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup light mayo
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella or cheddar cheese… or whatever
- Seasoned salt and crushed red pepper
Preheat your oven to 375. Spray a baking dish with your handy dandy nonstick spray. Stick the chicken in the dish and season it with the crushed red pepper and seasoned salt – however much you like. I like a lot, because “everything in moderation” is for ninnies and sissies. (Just kidding!)
Bake the chicken for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, grab a bowl and mix all the rest of the ingredients together in it. You can use a spoon… or um… your hands…
After the 15 minutes, pour/spread your mixture on top of the chicken, and then put it back in the oven for 20 minutes. Check it, and if it’s not done, keep baking it at 5 or 10 minute intervals until it’s done.
Let it cool for 5 minutes, and then help yourself. Or make someone else serve you? No, help yourself.