This chutney is really good with turkey, and I’ve heard it’s good with baked chicken too, though I haven’t tried that yet.
- 2 granny smith apples (2 cups, peeled and chopped)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 1 Tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Small pinch of ground cloves
Put all ingredients into a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce to a low simmer. Cover and cook for 20 minutes. Uncover and cook for a few minutes more, to reduce any remaining liquid. Makes about 2 cups. Refrigerate up to 2 weeks.