Recipe from the Southern Living magazine
Makes about 1 1/2 cups
“This sweet-and-spicy sauce is delicious served with pork tenderloin and grilled chicken or as a dipping sauce for fried shrimp. It also makes a great savory spread for biscuits or roast beef and turkey sandwiches.” – Southern Living
- 1 (15.25-oz) jar apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 Tbsp horseradish
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme (or 1/3 tsp, dried)
- 1/4 tsp dried crushed red pepper
- Whisk together all the ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, whisking frequently – 3 to 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated and the sauce is a pourable consistency. Use immediately, or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Note: To make a spread, prepare the recipe as directed, omitting the chicken broth.