You know how when you’re super happy, you can feel your eyes smiling? That happened when I had one of these cookies.
Recipe adapted from The Cake Mix Doctor.
- Pam for greasing the pans (or parchment paper)
- 1 package devil’s food cake mix
- 1/3 cup brewed coffee, at room temperature
- 4 Tbsp (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350. Grease 2 cookie sheets, or just line them with parchment paper (I love parchment paper!).
- Put the cake mix, coffee, melted butter, and egg in a large mixing bowl. Use a mixer to blend it on low for 1 minute. Stop, scrape the sides of the bowl, and then beat it for another minute on medium. The cookie dough will be ridiculously thick. It’s awesome. Fold in the milk chocolate chips until well distributed.
- Drop heaping teaspoons of dough 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets. Stick ’em in the oven.
- Bake the cookies until they have set but are still a little soft in the center – 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven, and let them rest for about a minute. Then move them to wire racks to cool. And probably eat one while they’re still warm.
Easiest recipe ever.